EKG Labs is now the proud owner of an Agilent Triple Quadrupole GC/MS. This instrument is a cutting-edge tool for identifying, characterizing, and quantifying volatile and semi-volatile compounds even in challenging matrices. While EKG already has multiple GC systems, this new instrument provides expanded analytical capabilities.
Though primarily intended for our comprehensive extractables and leachables (E&L) studies, this new instrumentation will also support programs such as impurity identifications, characterization of degradation products in stability studies, reference standard characterization, residual solvent analysis, nitrosamine testing, and other customized analytical services.
Agilent 7000 series GC with a 8890 triple quadrupole mass spectrometer
- Additional chromatographic resolution
- Higher peak capacity for challenging separations
- Lower detection limits (Agilent advertises down to the sub-fentogram level for certain targeted analyses)
- Higher retention time precision
- Extensive mass range of m/z 10 – 1050
- Multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) for targeted screening and quantitation
- Electron impact (EI) and chemical ionization (CI) operation
- Backflush capability for columns to improve
- The latest edition of the MassHunter Workstation software with fantastic library-searching functionality
Adding this instrument and its accompanying software to EKG’s extensive expertise in this area will serve the growing needs of EKG Labs’ ever-expanding clientele in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
About EKG Labs
EKG Labs is an analytical service provider for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Our wide variety of analytical services support product development, regulatory filings, and analytical chemistry investigations. EKG Labs is now a part of the Infinity Laboratories group, a powerful network of state-of-the-art testing facilities that are FDA registered, ISO 17025 accredited, and DEA licensed. With an enhanced focus in the areas of chemical and microbiological sciences, we support pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. Our goal is to go Beyond Testing and become a partner in the success of our customers.
Some of our services include: