What is Consumer Product Testing?
Consumer product testing is used to solve a wide range of consumer product challenges. From product development to commercial manufacturing, there are many ways that a product can fail to meet quality standards. Analytical chemistry helps identify the root cause of many product failures such as contamination, off-flavor and odors, discoloration, and more. Analytical chemistry can also analyze a competitor’s product to see “what makes it tick” or why it outperforms another product.
Consumer Product Testing at EKG Labs
EKG Labs leverages its analytical know-how to provide specialized consumer product testing. We can help companies understand why their product performance has changed and the potential sources of that change. We help determine if the change was due to an unknown impurity or if an upstream vendor changed the formula of a component. EKG Labs also helps companies understand why a competitor’s product is outperforming theirs through deformulation, also known as reverse engineering, and comparison testing. We help companies answer questions like:
- What is the source of the new off-odor in our product?
- What is the unknown contaminant in our product?
- Where does my product discoloration come from?
- Why does a competitor’s product outperform ours?
- How can we defend our patented formula in court against a suspected infringement?
- How do I make my product ‘green’?
Our Consumer Product Testing Services include:
Consumer Product Testing Experience
- OTC Pharmaceuticals
- Personal Care Products
- Packaging Materials
- Polymer or Plastic Based Products
- Home Cleaning Products
- Inks and Coatings
Consumer Product Testing Analytical Techniques
- Chromatography – HPLC, LC/MS, GC/MS, GC/FID, GC/TCD
- Spectroscopy – ICP-MS, NMR, MS, PXRD, TF-XRD, UV-Vis, FTIR, Raman
- Microscopy – SEM, TEM, AFM, STM, LSCM
- Other- TGA, DSC, TOC, BET Surface Area/Pore Size Analyzer